Same-Day Crown Placement Procedures
If you have a tooth that is cracked, discolored, misshapen or damaged, you can restore your tooth with a crown. This is a protective covering or a “cap,” that is placed over your tooth to protect it and to restore its appearance and function.
At Crawford & Colvin Family and Cosmetic Dentistry, our Huntersville dentists use CEREC® crowns, which allow us to perform same-day procedures. Traditionally, the patient would have to receive a temporary crown and then return weeks later to have the permanent crown placed after it has been fabricated in an off-site lab. With the use of CEREC® technology, the dentist is able to scan the patient’s teeth with an intraoral camera, generate a 3D model of the teeth, design the crown on-site, and then perform the crown placement procedure—all in just one visit! Many of our patients actually enjoy watching technology at work.
Here are a few of the many reasons to choose CEREC® crowns:
- They allow for same-day procedures.
- They do not require impressions or temporary crowns which is perfect if you’re headed out of town.
- They are ceramic and more aesthetically appealing (no metal).
Schedule a consultation TODAY with one of our Huntersville dentists!
There are many reasons that a crown may be needed. For example, it may be required to cover a tooth after a root canal, it may be used as part of an implant or bridge procedure, or it may be necessary for aesthetic reasons If you are interested in receiving a CEREC® crown, please call our office at (704) 895-5850!
Why Choose Us
- Comprehensive Dentistry
- Less Referring and More In-Office Treatment
- The Best Customer Service
- Least Invasive and Most Conservative Options
- Current, Most Up-To-Date Technology
- Pediatrics to Geriatric Care